Lately I’ve really been getting into podcasts. They’re a great alternative to music for getting ready in the morning, or listening to on the tube. I have to admit that only recently did I discover that there is an actual iPhone app called ‘Podcasts’ where you can find them all, for free! But don’t worry, if you don’t have an iPhone, you can listen to them all online, too. So, in this post I’m sharing a few of my favourite podcasts: I think there’s one for everybody here!
- Serial; If you are, like me, a fan of crime shows, you simply need to listen to this. It follows the true story of Adnan Syed who was arrested for the murder of his ex-girlfriend, Hae Min Lee. It is so gripping that it’s hard to stop listening, so I would suggest listening to it, uninterrupted.
- Ladies Who Lunch; This podcast is hosted by Cat Valdes and Ingrid Nilsen, who are both known for their YouTube channels. Although more light-hearted in mood, they tackle really prevalent issues in our society, including friendship, feminism and sexuality.
- Stuff You Should Know; These five-minute long episodes are so informative, about interesting and often obscure subjects such as hysterical strength,grassoline and contagious yawning.
- Welcome to Night Vale; This fantastically odd podcast tells the story of a made-up desert town called Night Vale. I would recommend this to anyone with a strong imagination and a love for the bizarre.
- Witch, please; This is seriously my dream podcast. Two smart and funny women talking about my favourite other-world: Harry Potter’s. If you love Harry Potter as much as I do, you need to give this a listen.
I hope you found a new podcast to listen to after reading this post, or perhaps are only just, like me, entering in to the glorious world of podcasts. Happy listening!