Hello again! Long time no see! Since I haven’t had much inspiration for blog posts lately, today I decided to upload a quick recipe using photos I took last month. This is one of my all time favourites, as it is super easy to make, using ingredients only found in your cupboards, and also happens to taste pretty yummy too!
175g plain flour
170g tightly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher or table salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
115g (1 stick) butter
1 & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1 large egg
100g chopped chocolate (I used dark)
65g chopped hazelnuts (optional)
50g chocolate or coconut chips (optional)
So let’s get started!
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.
3. Melt the butter in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water.
4. Once the butter has completely melted, add the brown sugar and whisk together until it dissolves, about 1 minute. Slowly pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg, vanilla, and espresso powder. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
5. Fold the chopped chocolate, hazelnuts, and coconut chips (optional) into the dough.
6. Transfer the dough into a skillet or baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the blondie is golden brown on top and set in the middle. You’ll know it’s done when a cake tester/ toothpick/ fork comes out of the center clean.
My little sister posing with it!
7. Ready to eat! The big cookie will keep for three days covered at room temperature, but I am sure after a few hours all that will be left is crumbs!
See you soon lovelies,